• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exo through the roof....seals?

Renegade Jpr

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen a few of you guys with your exo cage going through the roof and tied into an interior cage...what did you do to seal the holes you drilled?

I made a sandwich....

steel plate do not touch the roof.

it goes tube-plate-rubber-hardware-rubber-plate-tube....

a little rtv under the head of the bolt is all you need to finsh it off.

That sounds like a good idea! Dont know why I dident think of that yet....lol

Unlike Beez I prefer a more direct approach - center punch, hole saw, and ran the tube right through the roof...

I then just welded the sheetmetal to the tube - has not leaked yet :shhh:

Matt

exo25s.jpg

I've thought of what to do for through-the-roof tubes... 2 round flange plates screwed thru the roof (or MJ rear window) and neoprene 'cones' was my idea. Allows the cabin to move a little if it has to?

Woody, what kind of neoprene cones? I'm going to be tieing in a roof rack/ tree slider into my interior cage and have been thinking of how to seal the area. I do like the idea of having some room for body flex.

I welded mine as well.

Too soon to tell about the long term effects, i.e. if it will crack the sheetmetal eventually......

CRASH

also not what i would call through-the-roof either since there is no roof to go through. :D

Dirk Pitt said:
also not what i would call through-the-roof either since there is no roof to go through. :D
The B-hoop is actually above the roof not behind it so the x-brace goes through the roof.

Ok, so if you dont have a full roof is it still an exo?

I like to call it a partial internal body, not a exo :D

Back