• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon and Swamp Lake this summer

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I wonder who from SoCal is planning to do the NAXJA Rubicon run in Aug? The dates are Aug 14-22. They're doing Fordyce the first weekend, on Sat, and running the 'Con Mon-Fri, then Barrett Lake Sat-Sun. I plan to do Fordyce and Rubicon, but can't do Barrett.

I also wonder how much interest there is in the Swamp Lake trip this year. Tentative dates for Swamp are July 30-Aug 1. We might stay two nights at the lake again this year, which seems to be everybody's favorite way of running it. The Swamp trip started out as a SoCal run but has lately gravitated towards a Sierra Chapter run. Swamp is a pretty trail in the Sierra's east of Fresno, and is easy to moderate rockcrawling, with camping next to a lake at 9100' elevation. Who interested in this trip?

I'm in for Fordyce and the con this year. With swamp only two weeks before
the con trip I might not make it this year. That's alot of driving in the jeep.
Some of us still drive are rigs to the trail

Goatman said:
I wonder who from SoCal is planning to do the NAXJA Rubicon run in Aug? The dates are Aug 14-22. They're doing Fordyce the first weekend, on Sat, and running the 'Con Mon-Fri, then Barrett Lake Sat-Sun. I plan to do Fordyce and Rubicon, but can't do Barrett.

I also wonder how much interest there is in the Swamp Lake trip this year. Tentative dates for Swamp are July 30-Aug 1. We might stay two nights at the lake again this year, which seems to be everybody's favorite way of running it. The Swamp trip started out as a SoCal run but has lately gravitated towards a Sierra Chapter run. Swamp is a pretty trail in the Sierra's east of Fresno, and is easy to moderate rockcrawling, with camping next to a lake at 9100' elevation. Who interested in this trip?

We're planning to do both (at least as of right now). Lisa didn't get to run the Rubicon last year, so she's looking forward to it this year. And I've never been on Fordyce or Barrett.
Andy

Can anyone tow my rig up there :doh:

I dont know if I could make the drive. Maybe i'll steal my buddys duramax diesel and tow it up there. I'm sure I'll be all completed by then....right

-Scott

sintax said:
Can anyone tow my rig up there :doh:

I dont know if I could make the drive. Maybe i'll steal my buddys duramax diesel and tow it up there. I'm sure I'll be all completed by then....right

-Scott

What's wrong with your rig that it's not road worthy? Or is just that you're not willing to drive it that far? :)

Richard,

I am going to the con this year, but not sure if I can make it to swamp lake. I might have to do swamp later in the year. I'll be in Bakersfiled next Sunday the 15th of Feburary are you going to be around? Just to stop by and chat.

Joe

Goatman said:
What's wrong with your rig that it's not road worthy? Or is just that you're not willing to drive it that far? :)

I think the new trend is caused by a certain someone going over to the dark side...

Joe said:
Richard,

I am going to the con this year, but not sure if I can make it to swamp lake. I might have to do swamp later in the year. I'll be in Bakersfiled next Sunday the 15th of Feburary are you going to be around? Just to stop by and chat.

Joe

Yeah, I'll be around....probably working on the Jeep unless I get it all done Sat. Give me a call. 661-706-1600 cell

Kejtar said:
I think the new trend is caused by a certain someone going over to the dark side...

C'mon.......I've been the only guy in our Bakersfield group to not tow for years. I've finally succumbed.......

:D :D

Goatman said:
C'mon.......I've been the only guy in our Bakersfield group to not tow for years. I've finally succumbed.......

:D :D
:D :D :D I Guess it all comes down to the "Bakersfield factor" again.... You know, maybe Sequoia was onto something there LOL :D:D

Goatman said:

its a combination of things, mainly bias ply TSL's, no sway bars, 230k miles w/ no motor work done, leaky mains, 4.88's and only one working speaker hooked up to a tape deck with no radio.

I'd MUCH rather tow the bad boy up there in a duramax diesel w/ full leather and at 75mph.

-Scott

I want to go, and Helen would like to but has some issues.

My main issue is connectivity for work. I might have to rent a sat phone for the week. (Work will pay for it. But would it be enough?)

bburge

I think I will be in attendance but havn't worked out the detils yet. Well see.

Rabbit

Swamp lake trail sounds cool.

Back