• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just wanted to say Hi to the SoCal gang

xtremewlr

NAXJA Forum User
Just purchased my XJ yesterday and finally feel justified saying Hi to the SoCal gang here :)
Got some work to do on the XJ before I can really start doing any wheeling but Im looking forward to runnin trails with you guys in the future. Im located down in San Diego, Spring Valley to be exact. If anyone in the area needs a place to wrench on thier rig, just let me know. I have a huge driveway and a fully stocked garage :D

Pics of my rig:
http://xj.rockmongers.com/gallery

looks like a nice clean canvas to start work! Paint looks to be just a LITTLE gone ;)

Welcome!

-Scott

Welcome! Hope to see you out on the trail one of these days.

Welcome! Looks like a great XJ to build a trail rig with. :D

Thanks guys :D

I spent the weekend cleaning the valve cover and replacing all the hoses and lines that are attached to it. Glad that NAPA carries the parts in stock :) I still have to replace the harmonic balancer ($45 from NAPA :D ) since the rubber ring is coming out on the stock one. Also need to trouble shoot the wiring for the lights as I found out tonight that I have no dash lights, no tail lights and no reverse lights. Brake lights, headlights and blinkers all work tho. Looks like there used to be an alarm in this thing that was removed at some point and they hosed up the wiring some where :p I cant really complian tho since I still have under $2200 into it, which includes the actual purchase price with tax, license and all the other crap :D

Welcome! That house looks familiar (Kinda like Dave Drucks). It's a good start. Who cares about the paint right? :rolleyes: Afterall you are going to wheel it right? :laugh:

MJR said:
Welcome! That house looks familiar (Kinda like Dave Drucks). It's a good start. Who cares about the paint right? :rolleyes: Afterall you are going to wheel it right? :laugh:

Damn straight Im gonna wheel it :D That is if I can ever get done with doing the repair work that the thing needed. In the middle of putting on a new harmonic balancer now and the washer from the installer is stuck on the new balancer. Going to have to back the balancer back off some to try and dislodge the washer. :banghead: Still have to go thru the brakes, wheel bearings and change out the fluids in the tranny, tcase and both axles. Not to mention figure out what is causing the knock that I am getting and the need for an alignment. I havent even tested the 4 wheel drive out yet to see if that is working or not. :(

Back