• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Lift Question

patagoniaSTL

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ Classic, I am looking to put an 8 inch rock krawler by severe duty lift on. The lift I am looking at is the "Super 8". The different between this lift and a standard lift is that this lift is a coil-over conversion kit. I believe that this important to flex. Any of your opinions would be very helpful.

Patagonia

patagoniaSTL said:
I have a 98 XJ Classic, I am looking to put an 8 inch rock krawler by severe duty lift on. The lift I am looking at is the "Super 8". The different between this lift and a standard lift is that this lift is a coil-over conversion kit. I believe that this important to flex. Any of your opinions would be very helpful.
Patagonia

I've never heard or read a positive opinion on RockKrawler lift kits.

Three thousand bucks is a lot to pay for a lift kit.

Another thousand or more will be needed for SYE and steering upgrades, exhaust, etc.

Using all sperical rod-end style joints will contribute to lots of road noise.

Using solid stock for suspension arms is an engineering cop-out.

The added stress on the uni-body from track bar drop bracket and drop pitman arm is not addresses in this kit.

I don't believe their add copy. In particular, the comments on bump steer, anti-dive and un-matched climbing ability.

The inter-leaf friction of leaf springs helps dampen body roll. Changing to coils while at the same time increasing CG without addressing roll center height sounds like a good way to create instability.

Supporting the rear of an XJ by the shock mounts is questionable.

MaXJohnson said:
I've never heard or read a positive opinion on RockKrawler lift kits.

Three thousand bucks is a lot to pay for a lift kit.

Another thousand or more will be needed for SYE and steering upgrades, exhaust, etc.

Using all sperical rod-end style joints will contribute to lots of road noise.

Using solid stock for suspension arms is an engineering cop-out.

The added stress on the uni-body from track bar drop bracket and drop pitman arm is not addresses in this kit.

I don't believe their add copy. In particular, the comments on bump steer, anti-dive and un-matched climbing ability.

The inter-leaf friction of leaf springs helps dampen body roll. Changing to coils while at the same time increasing CG without addressing roll center height sounds like a good way to create instability.

Supporting the rear of an XJ by the shock mounts is questionable.

Yeah.......what he said :laugh3:

Back