• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

super 44 ques.

GPRSDLYT

NAXJA Forum User
will a super 44 work with a xj44?
ive heard that xj d44's were slightly diff than tj44's? or was that just the flange for the brakes?
thx
-g

super44flange.jpg

Do you mean the Superior Super 44 kit? You know you can get them any custom lenght, dual bolt pattern.
I don't see why wouldn't it work with an XJ dd!

XJ and TJ D44's are basically the same....just different mounts. Also, the TJ's normally have smaller brakes, 9" vs 10", but I don't know if the D44 TJ comes with bigger brakes or not. Either way the shafts should be interchangeable. There is no problem putting a Super 44 in an XJ D44.

Got one in mine......................works fine................ :roll:

-Mike L.

I HEARD that you can't use a parking brake with the Super 44 kit if that matters. Don't now if it is true or not.

basalt51 said:
I HEARD that you can't use a parking brake with the Super 44 kit if that matters. Don't now if it is true or not.

Can't imagine why not. The backing plate is the same, and the drum goes on the flange the same.......what's different?

Old wives tales.........or Internet tales. :)

not to bring back an old thread or anything but i have another q....
-i read from another post that the tj 44's shafts are diff length left & right side than an xj44? true?

i just dont want to order something that wont work. ya know?
thanks as always
-g

Big Jeep 101 said:
Same length between the TJ 44 and the XJ.

-Mike L.

Yep.

And for the above, every parts cat. All the parts catalogs I've been through list TJ D44's as having the 9" (and change) drums.

thanks guys, i appriciate it.
just not into buying expensive crap if im not 100% sure if it will work, ya know?

big jeep 101 is that your jeep in the avatar? if so, what size rubber?
thx
-g

GPRSDLYT said:
thanks guys, i appriciate it.
just not into buying expensive crap if im not 100% sure if it will work, ya know?

big jeep 101 is that your jeep in the avatar? if so, what size rubber?
thx
-g

Well it will work, it is the kit that I am running, but with a few changes. :scared: Yes, that is my rig. It is on 35 BFG muds. Let me know if ya have any other ?'s..................

-Mike L.

Back