• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44/ 38s??

fattypackard

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a HPD44 front and a D60 rear.
with 38" TSL's

i am not worried about the rear end breakin at all...

but should i be worried about the front at all? i know i am going to take it easy on the skinny pedal with the front...but is there a potential for regular breakage, say on the u-joints or shafts?

does anybody have this upfront with these tires that can tell me what their experiences are?

TIA -fatty

Throw in some Alloy's and CTM's! You should be good for awhile.

i know a guy who ran the same combination under his YJ, except his were 38.5 SXs which are even heavier than regular TSLs. He drove the thing HARD on the Rubicon and Fordyce and occasionally he broke shafts/joints, but not nearly as often as some people would make you think. He had a 4.0/t-18/Atlas4.3 so plenty of gearing and the manual tranny tends to send strong shockloads to the axles. This was also with 297x joints, which aren't as strong as the new 760x joints.

my point is, unless you're doing hard-core rockcrawling you will be fine, but still expect occasional breakage.

also, throw CTMs and Warns in and you too can do full throttle assaults on waterfalls with no worries :D

Back