• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cps?

XJZ

NAXJA Forum User
So I finally start playing with the idea to figure why my Jeeps not stating...

I pulled the plug out of the module(?) on the top of the firewall, plugged back in and then it fires right up!! :)

That's the CPS, right? Does it need replacing or is it just the plug that's bad?.

If this is the same proceedure you guys were talking about when I posted awhile back, it sounds like this may work for a bit, then the CPS will eventually die.

It's the MAP sensor that's located on the firewall. I think the engine might still run with it disconnected. The connector for the CPS is near there and is laying on or hanging just above the rear end of the intake manifold. The actual CPS can't be seen from above unless the manifolds are not in place. It's attached near the top of the bell housing. You may have disturbed the CPS connector in the process and thereby helped it a bit. Lots of folks replace the CPS when they have the appropriate symptoms but others have rebuilt the connector and achieved positive results.

PaulJ said:
It's the MAP sensor that's located on the firewall. I think the engine might still run with it disconnected. The connector for the CPS is near there and is laying on or hanging just above the rear end of the intake manifold. The actual CPS can't be seen from above unless the manifolds are not in place. It's attached near the top of the bell housing. You may have disturbed the CPS connector in the process and thereby helped it a bit. Lots of folks replace the CPS when they have the appropriate symptoms but others have rebuilt the connector and achieved positive results.

So if it is the MAP, what do I have to do? Nothing? Or replace it? TIA

The engine will start and run with a bad MAP sensor. It will run very bad but it will run. Starting problems usually revolve around the CPS.

Back