• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front coil compressed suspension stops

jammerjamesharmon

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for guidance on bulletproof stops for the front suspension when the coils are compressed. I’ve got 5” of lift and of course the stops in top of the coils are too short. It looks like if I put something (I’ve heard of hock pucks) in the bottom of the coil it might work. Is there a better foolproof way to do this? I’m not worried about the extended stop, just the compressed. Please give input…………………

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

james
http://geocities.com/jammerjamesharmon/

more FLEX IS BETTER take all the crappy stops off, thats what the body it for!!!!!!

stoney

Hockey pucks.

LOL.

Nice replies.

Jammer, if your flex is like it is in your pics, just leave 'er alone, as long as you arent ripping your flares off, your good to go.

I bought and just installed some 3" stops. I got them off of ebay for about $25. They came with a self tapping screws/bolt that goes in at the bottom of the coil springs. They are Rubicon Express - part number RE1383.

If you stacked a couple hockey pucks, you'd get the same effect cheaper.

Since I was installing BBs, BPE, JKS, and discon the bump stops seemed like the right thing to do while I had every thing torn apart.

If I had to do do over I would not install them! :star:

You might want to listen to the advice of more experienced 4wheelers than me. Just my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!

Back