• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help replacing my turn signal lever

xjennyj

NAXJA Forum User
I have looked all over the web and have asked many veterans, and they just keep making my problem worse. I started out replacing my stock lever without delay and nonfunctioning cruise with one that had those, and now I can't seem to get the darn thing back together. There is a little plastic peice that slides in another to control the highbeams and lowbeams..oh heck, instead of me explaining..does ANYONE have a diagram or step by step information on how to do this? I have the lever in, and everything works but the highbeam/lowbeam and cruise... I have purchased a second Haynes manual, and both are completely useless for this repair.

Thanks in advance

XJ91 said:
What year?

I can pull pages from a couple FSM's.

Hi, it is for an 89 xj...it shouldn't matter too much tho..my wrangler has the same setup and it is a 92.

Thanks so much...hopefully this helps him get things back together...I just wish I knew how to two plastic peices connected...

Well, wish me luck, and I appreciate your help greatly!

you talking about the plastic piece that has a curve back to it? if so it need to just but up against the little bar that is back there. More details and I could help ya more. I have had my column apart like 20 times in a year.
DIG IT!

xjennyj said:
Thanks so much...hopefully this helps him get things back together...I just wish I knew how to two plastic peices connected...

Well, wish me luck, and I appreciate your help greatly!

That's what :NAXJA:'s here for...

Good Luck

BUCKYXJ said:
you talking about the plastic piece that has a curve back to it? if so it need to just but up against the little bar that is back there. More details and I could help ya more. I have had my column apart like 20 times in a year.
DIG IT!

Fantastic..I can't describe it because I am retarded... :mad: But I will take a picture of the peices if I can't get it fixed tomorrow!

I have a column that has been busted apart (theft recovery) so I can see all the inside stuff. Let us know and post pics.

http://www.chevyasylum.com/column/tiltcol.html

This link will explain it all in good detail. The colum is a GM all the way through 91. look at the pic's carefully and you'll get the idea. BTW I had the same problem when I put mine back together.
HTH
asat

Back