• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Cells and Fuel Starvation Fix

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
I remember reading a while ago about guys with fuel cells worrying about sucking in air when on a steep climp or angle. This mainly had to do with the tank pick up but what about a surge tank? Found this page and though it might help the hard core guys out there. Its build your own!

http://www.sdsefi.com/techsurge.htm

AARON

Aaron, my YJ has a 20 gallon Summit cell. I have never had any problems on hills or slopes at all. I think the main thing to remember is to run a rear sump cell, so that the pickup will be down and back on climbs. Stay away from circle track cells and try to use drag cells...

yes, 20 gallons should be fine, but what if you want to run a 10 gal?

the easy solution is holley pick ups!

waaay easy.

I've been able to plumb them in such a way that my supply line exits the existing female npt bung. I did not have to drill a new hole.

The cell Sewerboss used did not have female bungs, and it didn't seem economical to try to make a drilling-free adapter to the existing male AN bungs, he simply got a bulkhead fitting.....he says it was too easy, and leak-free.....

holley pick ups are the way to go.

cell8.JPG

AUT_3471.JPG

cell6.JPG

I dont plan on running a fuel cell but I found this and thought it might help thoes of you who are using one. Just some good homebrew tech to share with the Jeepin masses.

AARON

Back