• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Quarter Panel Armor

Christopher

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who have done rear quarter pannel armor and rear taillight housings, what gauge steel did you use?? If you could do it over again would you use the same, heavier, or lighter? I want it to protect but don't want to get too heavy. I was thinking maybe a 14 or 16 gauge. Any input appreciated.

I used 12GA for mine. I'd probably go the same thickness in the future unless it was a weld on item.
BTW, I heard you took out both tail lights last weekend. Good job! :thumbup: :D

Jes

Apparently Christopher needs those, lol.

Jes, your quarter panel armor is pretty spiffy. Or was that Andy's (porch puppy)?

How much shipped to 92399?

Dan

Yeah,... I figure now that I have an excuse it's a good time to do it. It's been on my list of to do's for a while but this weekend just moved it up to the top of my list. So maybe 10 or 12 gauge is where I need to be? I want it stout but don't want to add alot of weight. Do any of you have pics of what you did? I'd like to compare with what I have pictured in my head.

These are mine. 12GA plate bent up to shape, an 1/8" top, and a couple of 1/8" brackets welded on...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

...they've held up well so far.

Jes

Jes,
Very nice...Can you make me a set.
Sean
San Diego :yelclap:

Jes said:
These are mine. 12GA plate bent up to shape, an 1/8" top, and a couple of 1/8" brackets welded on...

Jes

Jes, you should market those.....

of course they're too nice to be URF...... :D

I'll by a set right now too!!!

CaptTrev said:
i would love a set too...maybe out of equal gauge diamond plate though. . .

;)

CaptTrev
Without the tailight part(just sides) and in diamond plate(steel)if ya can...
Let me know..... ;)

My only concern is that they are not approved by a sanctioning body. :(

But if they are, how much shipped to 94577? :D

Last edited:
I'd make mine out of 3/16" and laser out a nice C-ROK logo in them. I'd also have them wrap under the pinch seam on the underside of the panel and use a nut strip to make installing them easier.
I'd make a set tham looks like this probably....
115985058VTxaoj_ph.jpg

And since I'm eternally photo posting challenged, I'd also provide a link to the album....

C-ROK Quarter Guards

Jes said:
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Jes

URF sanctioned and west coast approved.....they're even on Princess II!

Jes, remember the days of the buggy project moving steadily along? :(

CRASH

Dan Turner said:
Oh My God, Jes, what have you done?????

LOL, kinda where the whole "How much shipped to 94110?" joke got started. :D
To tell you the truth, I don't think they'd be a very marketable item, there's too many variables. The only way I could see selling them is in blank form, in the raw. The installer would cut out for the lights they were going to use, for the flares(or lack there of) that they were running, paint them, and decide on how to mount them.
I did make a set for a friend's four door...
picture.JPG

Jes

CRASH said:
URF sanctioned and west coast approved.....they're even on Princess II!

Jes, remember the days of the buggy project moving steadily along? :(

CRASH
Hehe, I posted just as you did.
We gotta finnish PrincessII, then you gotta dump the 4.3 for a 7M and the buggie project will come alive! ;)

Jes

Back