• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow CHEAP international shipping?

Rob Patterson

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a CHEAP international shipper. I need to ship about 1000lbs pounds of Jeep parts from Florida to where I am stationed in Germany.:rolleyes:

I was in basic training and my wife handled the household shipping with the army but she didn't ship my Jeep parts. :cry:

I am paying $50.00 a month for storage and I'm going to be in Germany for another 18 months. So I will be paying $900.00 in storage and would rather spend that much or less for shipping.:eek:

Time is not a big issue, as long as it doesn't take more than 4 months.

Are we talking big stuff, or little stuff? The only way I have shipped overseas is US Postal Service. The last time I tried to send a consignment of books to England, even UPS told me they were too expensive and that I should go see the postal service. But I don't know what their current weight and size limits are.

Unfortunately it is all big stuff; axles, tranny, xfer case, winch, etc. The postal service is great, but I don't think they will handle this stuff. I think I would have to crate it or pallet it.

You're right -- that's all too big for the USPS. It's also too big for UPS and probably too big for FedEx. I'm sorry to say I don't have a clue.

Maybe you should just have it all sent up here to the Jeep farm :D

look into sending a crate via some voat. I know that to ship a car not too long ago it was only $1400 or so and you had a whole containter for yourself.... unfortunately I don't have any more info on that as most of my "usefull" fliers got trashed before I moved...

Kejtar

Look up (or have someone look up at home) "Freight Forwarders" in the local phone book.

Fed-EX and DHL are great for small stuff (and DHL may be good for larger goods) but Freight Forwarding companies can be much less expensive, and they handle the Customs issues (and many handle crateing as well).

The Wife had nine cubic meters shipped surface from OZ to CA for about US$700. It took eight weeks but was otherwise painless.

Back