• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Wheeling fixes troubles!!

Jeremyvnc

NAXJA Forum User
Friday night I get this little devil on my shoulder that convinces me to go play in the snow on the way home from work. Thus I find the first place to go off-road and start having fun. I go through this narrowing path of snow and get to a point that I can't go anything further unless I had 40" wheels. So I do a turn-about instead of the usual donut (narrow path) and start heading back out. So, I'm feeling very relieved and happy for doing this. Then 40 yards from the exit, I slide on some ice, ice breaks away to reveal lots of water and mud. So yes, I'm stuck. So stuck that I had to get another truck to get me out. I was high-centered. So, how was this helpful? If you look at some of my previous posts, you'll see I've had trouble with my power steering. I was just about to buy another refurbished pump when this happened. Now, my power steering works fine.

Does anyone have any stories like this or have a reason why my power steering now works?

that is jeeps "auto-fix". once you buy a replacement part for it, it fixes itself. but dont go returning that part, cause the second you do it will break again.
so far my
T-stat
annoying rattle
mud in the bead
have all fixed them selves once i got around to fixing them.

probs

yeah, I've had stupid stuff like that. Go to fix something to find out it's already been fixed, or its not Broke. Good one for you. I'm a helicopter mechanic in the Army. I was looking over a particular helicopters logbook (its where we write faults, and generally anything wrong with the dumb thing) and I found a writeup that said something akin to the fact that a particular part wouldnt work when the switch was in the "OFF" position. Hows that for dumb? I had to go back, find the person who wrote it up, and make them fix their own stupidity. Oh, and dont EVER say that anything is missing, say that it is not installed, because if you say that it is missing, someone will make you look over the whole aircraft looking for that one part that's not installed.

Kristen

My Jeeps don't run when the switch is in the OFF position. Probably a coincidence, but the lights in my house don't work when the switch is OFF either.

not my writeup

Like i said, it wasnt my writeup. Being the mechanic, i have to go back and fix peoples brain farts. i know that something wont work when the switch is in the OFF position.

This "auto-fix" feature really works well. I think more manufacturers should jump on board!

My '89 Comanche wouldn't start one day, ran good, no indication of any trouble, came out of the store, no start...no spark.... Have my brother drive 30 miles to get our trailer, then 70 miles to where I was, then 20 to where the shop is, and the danged thing starts right up when getting it off the trailer and has started every time since!

Eliminator89 said:
This "auto-fix" feature really works well. I think more manufacturers should jump on board!

My '89 Comanche wouldn't start one day, ran good, no indication of any trouble, came out of the store, no start...no spark.... Have my brother drive 30 miles to get our trailer, then 70 miles to where I was, then 20 to where the shop is, and the danged thing starts right up when getting it off the trailer and has started every time since!

Check your CPS (crank position sensor). It will inevitably go out since you wrote this post. No, but seriously it is probably your cps. It is a common problem when you get no start or spark. I changed out my whole ignition system to what the haynes had as the ignition system (even the ecm) then popped a cps in and vroom. Pissed me off.

Moral of this story is, when you have a problem that autofixes itself, take it like a warning, b/c it will happen again. As my steering problem is now off and on. :hang:

Back