• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How Wide are TJ Fender Flares?

AJ-MJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of pulling the stock fender flares off my MJ and was planning to buy bushwacker. However, the more I read the price for TJ flares makes we want to find a nice set at a junk yard.

Since I am planning to put 35's on 3.25 back spaced rims I will need a pretty wide flare. I spend for time in the mud than rocks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :wave1:

heres an old pic of mine.........and those are from a sharah(slightly wider)...6" 35s, now I`m not running flares!
Steinmart+004.jpg

do not waste ur money on buswaker flares!!! they r not worth it. seriuosly if u are going to do any kind of wheelin u will most likely brake them and scratches and crakes look ugly on a jeep! belive me i know :D y would anyone spen 300 bucks on some gay wings that just get broken???? i have no i deal! go buy a locker or something worht ur money!

stoney

Stoney said:
do not waste ur money on buswaker flares!!! they r not worth it. seriuosly if u are going to do any kind of wheelin u will most likely brake them and scratches and crakes look ugly on a jeep! belive me i know :D y would anyone spen 300 bucks on some gay wings that just get broken???? i have no i deal! go buy a locker or something worht ur money!

stoney

go buy a speak and spell or something worth your money :D jk

AL-MJ, from what I've seen, the TJ flares would not be wide enough to FULLY cover those tires...it'd be close though...

Whitey96XJ said:
go buy a speak and spell or something worth your money :D jk

AL-MJ, from what I've seen, the TJ flares would not be wide enough to FULLY cover those tires...it'd be close though...

deliberate or illiterate as stoney maybe he is right i've seen many BWs get torn off of fenders on the trails..
i beleive tj flares are about 3" wide which would not be as much as BWers but a while back i found a dood that would SHIP me a SET, NEW for $115.00
(**that was for 4 Rear TJ flares, 2 ds & 2 ps)
thats a purdy good price IMHO..

try looking @ www.jeepnorthwest.com i believe Kurt either PMd/emailed me the guys email addy or the tech right up about installing the TJ flares on his xj had a link to him directly on the article..

heres the tech article on the install of tj flares on an XJ..

speak & spell... :laugh2:

JLane99XJ said:
i beleive tj flares are about 3" wide which would not be as much as BWers but a while back i found a dood that would SHIP me a SET, NEW for $115.00
(**that was for 4 Rear TJ flares, 2 ds & 2 ps)
thats a purdy good price IMHO..

They make two sizes of TJ flares IIRC. There are the standard ones, and the ones that have 1" or 1.5" more in width........

Back