• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this guy posting spobi!

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18766

Check out azxjman as he is saying there are 5.38s for a dana 30 cherokee axle. I said no way and even checked to make sure. Can someone verify that they surely don't make such a gear for a dana 30! He even said he uses them and I just had too laugh!

offroadman83 said:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18766

Check out azxjman as he is saying there are 5.38s for a dana 30 cherokee axle. I said no way and even checked to make sure. Can someone verify that they surely don't make such a gear for a dana 30! He even said he uses them and I just had too laugh!

looks like low pinion only -

RandysRnPchart.jpg

I don't know if it's SPOBI -

In the thread you referenced, he said: I will trade my 92 with 8 inches of lift long arms 35 mtrs lockers f&r 12 bolt rear dana 30 front both with 5.38s

but just 20 days ago he wrote "I got the lowest gear I could 4.56 I wanted 5.38 but no go on the 8.25 in the back. I hope to have someone helping me on the install." in:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17785

and prior to that (less than 3 months ago), there was a long thread about him not needing lower gears, saying "I run 35s with 3.55s and yeah it does suck on the highway. And I get worse gas mileage than anyone I know. But it does just as good as anyone with lower gears does on the trail. So for everone who says it will be crappy on the trail I say BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Dont talk about what you havent seen. Also it is an auto and I have a gigantic tranny cooler." in:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13851

You decide how much you want to trust him.

Last edited:
Well apparently he saw the light of low gearing, got 4.56s, liked them so much he bought a 12 bolt rear and put 5.38s in it and his low pinion d30.

Makes sense to me :D

Well to clarify a little bit I decided not to get the 4.56s I am selling my 8.25 and I did buy a 12 bolt so I can go to 5.38s I dont see whats not to make sense. And on randys web site if you click on just dana it shows them for the Hp 30 not just low pinion. I havent got it all together yet just the rear is set up to go in but I just thought I would put it in the other thread just for S&G. Not like I would really trade my cherokee for a tj I am not a cheerleader.

You won't get a 5.38 reverse cut and you won't get a 5.38 TJ. They just don't make it and if you look at Randys web site it says D30 5.38 gear. There is no sign of a reverse cut or a TJ gear this low. The low D30 5.38 is not what anybody wants in his XJ because it won't hold up to the torque of the 4.0 even with stock tires.

I called Randys, and several other places too. They made a mistake. There is no 5:38 for the reverse rotation D30. I checked it out. Lots of phone calls and e-mails. Some places will say that they have 5:38's for the Cherokee D30. But when you ask them if the gears are reverse cut they will say no.

azxjman said:
Well to clarify a little bit I decided not to get the 4.56s I am selling my 8.25 and I did buy a 12 bolt so I can go to 5.38s I dont see whats not to make sense. And on randys web site if you click on just dana it shows them for the Hp 30 not just low pinion. I havent got it all together yet just the rear is set up to go in but I just thought I would put it in the other thread just for S&G. Not like I would really trade my cherokee for a tj I am not a cheerleader.

so...

is any of this true:

"I will trade my 92
with 8 inches of lift
long arms
35 mtrs
lockers f&r
12 bolt rear
dana 30 front
both with 5.38s
???

Shouldn't you be adding a winking happy face to the end of your posts? ;)

I was just seeing if I could get a response yeah I thought about adding something like that but I wanted to see what he would say if he thought I was serious. And you might be right about the 5.38s I tried buying them the other day and they said they had to call me back and then never did.

I may not be a naxja member yet, but I just wanted to prove my point so I could tell you please quit posting spobi. I try very hard not too myself because it sometimes can lead newbies in the wrong direction, sometimes very bad.---------Kyle

azxjman said:
I was just seeing if I could get a response yeah I thought about adding something like that but I wanted to see what he would say if he thought I was serious. And you might be right about the 5.38s I tried buying them the other day and they said they had to call me back and then never did.
Back peddling??? :dunno:

I am a gear vendor, so I will verify.

low pinion d30's can go up to 5.38. this axle was in CJ fronts and some earlier rears.
high pinion d30's and low pinion short d30's found in XJ's YJ's, TJ's, ZJ's and WJ's only go up to 4.88.
From now on just ask ME!!!:soapbox:

gears that low for the CJ Dana 30 only, NOT the TJ type because it is a different setup with the crush sleeve and different pinion length.

538s on a D30.. mmmm scary ..

Back