• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

50% done with half of my LED tail lights.

JEONLYEP

NAXJA Forum User
50% done with half of my LED tail lights. Take a look send thoughts and opinions.

ledtaillight.JPG

Link to more info about getting closer to done with the right side.

Let me know what you think so far.

Thanks

Daryl

Last edited:
Just curious as to why you didn't recess the LED's, and have the plate more flush with the tailgate? Too much of a hassle and you don't care?
Looks good though!

imma honky said:
Just curious as to why you didn't recess the LED's, and have the plate more flush with the tailgate? Too much of a hassle and you don't care?
Looks good though!

When I get the clear cover over the lights it will be just like how the factory light lines up with the lift gate and side of the XJ.

That's why it's just 50% still needs clear cover and gaurd. And I still have the other side to do.

Look at the link under the pic and I think I said that there.

Daryl

Last edited:
JEONLYEP said:
When I get the clear cover over the lights it will be just like how the factory light lines up with the lift gate and side of the XJ.

That's why it's just 50% still needs clear cover and gaurd. And I still have the other side to do.

Look at the link under the pic and I think I said that there.

Daryl
Ahh, ok. Honestly didn't read what was written on that other page, just scanned the pics.

i was gonna say the same thing as imma honky....do you have a picture of the cover? or you making it and it not done...or what?

'cause at this point, in my opinion, it has good potential....but it's obviously not done...lol

where'd you get the Diamond stamped steel???
i've been trying to find some forever...i want to make floor mats with it...

www.legend5.com used to make them specially designed for specific vehicles...but they died before they finished the cherokee models....

KinesthesiaDrums said:
i was gonna say the same thing as imma honky....do you have a picture of the cover? or you making it and it not done...or what?

'cause at this point, in my opinion, it has good potential....but it's obviously not done...lol

where'd you get the Diamond stamped steel???
i've been trying to find some forever...i want to make floor mats with it...

www.legend5.com used to make them specially designed for specific vehicles...but they died before they finished the cherokee models....

It's aluminum, and it came from the scrap pile at a trailer sales and service shop in Dodge City. I found a 4x8 sheet of it for sale at a metal supply house, but the wanted $100.00. The scrap cost me $5.00.

The clear cover is still in the design and manufacturing stage.

I think it looks truelly gehtto which is sweet cause gehtto stuff is radical.

Too me LEDs are a little too BLING BLING for a jeep. But I can imagine it's gonna be pretty cool, if ya like that sorta thing :D

Good job.

Now having said that, I am thinking of using these under my rockers :)

http://www.jeepin.com/outfitters/products.asp?ID=239

Fergie said:
Maybe I missed it, but which set of LEDs is going to handle reverse? Or are you doing something else for that?

Fergie

Good point.
reverse.jpg

I am moving the reverse lights onto the rear hatch. I will be using lights from a 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora, just as they are on the car. one each side of the tag. That is the plan any way. I think that will be the last step.

Plus I have lights on top rearward facing that I can turn on manually or set to come on with the reverse lights.

Thanks

Daryl

Last edited:
I'm not feeling the vibe with the chrome diamond plate. Might be a bit....um......over stated. Maybe if they were painted or something?

I guess I don't understand the point of building a diamond tread plate light box, and then attatching a SURFACE MOUNTED led light????

seems like you are back where you started....and there's the time and money spent getting there.

Back