• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to the XJ thang.

noclinkers

NAXJA Forum User
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently (today) acquired an 88 Cherokee Laredo. It is in pretty decent shape and I want to make an aggressive family trail rig out of it. Where is the best place to start and what are the best mods to make?
I haven't decided yet, but I have a set of D/44's out of a Scout II w/4:56 gears and air lockers. They have already been cut and turned for a SOA all I would have to do is set them up for coils in the front.
I think I would like to try and fit 35"s if possible. That is what I am running on my Scout now.
Any help would be great. Thanks, Bob

congrats on the new XJ and welcome to the board.... sounds like you know where you want to go with it and good luck with the big plans..
mike

You sound liek you know what your doin so biuld a set of long arms. RE makes an axle braket kit. Get a short shaft kit for your x-case and new rear driveshaft. Get an extra set of xj leafs and combine for desired height/ AKA cheap. Or by some big offraods. Or inboard your springs under your frame. Some say alitlle unstable.

Search and look. There are tons of long arm threads.

Enjoy

Back