• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6"-7" lift

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i run a 6" lift currently with fixed control arms from rusty. can i add a coil spacer to make it 7" without changing my control arms or adding the RE control arm drop brackets?

Yes you can. My buddy has a 96XJ with the Rusty's fixed upper and lower control arms with 6.5" springs and 2in spacers. Making it sit a 8.5"s. It also rides and flexes well.

Fletch85 said:
Yes you can. My buddy has a 96XJ with the Rusty's fixed upper and lower control arms with 6.5" springs and 2in spacers. Making it sit a 8.5"s. It also rides and flexes well.

whoa.. yer saying hes at 8.5" with solid arms.. and it rides great? even on the highway??? at like say.. 70 mph.. what config does he ahve?? i wanna use rusty's solid upper and lower control arms and rusty's 6.5" coils also...

wasnt sure if it would work!

I have Rustys adj. arms and 6 inch springs front and rear with 2 inch spacers
and sackles for 8 inches total I ran the stock mounts and it drove real nice at first .the angle of the control arms is scarry and wore out bushings real fast (last set lasted less then 6 weeks)giving tons of death wobble and worn parts after I installed RE brackets all that went away that was in Oct...

You're really better off getting the drop brackets, even with your 6" lift.

They'll give you 3-4" more droop, what other reason do you need?

-jb

He has all Rustys parts. Fixed upper and lower control arms, trac-bar bracket w/ trac bar. 6.5in springs, 2in spacers. He has had it on for about 4 months and i still rides great.

Back