• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for military types

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Can anyone tell me what the background color is for the name and service tapes on the light desert camo BDUs being worn in Iraq? Is it olive drab, light tan, or ...?

Should be the same as the base colour for the 6-colour desert "chocolate chip" camo, which is a not-quite-tan, called "sand." If you are looking to get nametapes made for a set of your own, a shop that knows what they are doing will list colours by uniform pattern - Desert6, Desert3, Desert Grid, Woodland, Blackout, &c...

5-90

Short of making a trip to clothing sales uscav sells them. As good as and usually better than issue, they also 'price match' against clothing sales.
http://www.uscav.com

I know US Cav sells them. I have the US Cav catalog and I am a customer -- that's why I want to know what color name tapes go on Desert Camo.

When did the USMC adopt new green camo? Next thing ya know, tiger-stripe will be back in vogue.

That new MARPAT (sometimes called "pixelated"\) camo pattern was adopted last year, IIRC - no earlier than 2001, tho...

My reticence to answer right out was caused by the simple fact that manufacturers like to use different names for colours when they can get away with it, and Eagle let slip who his vendor would be. Once I had that, I knew where to look... Our feathered fiend has been out of service for some time now, and was last seen in uniform where it was completely OG507...

5-90

Back