• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re 6139 4.5" w/Rancho RSX's ... weird noise

bchulett

NAXJA Member #999
I've had my lift on for several months and I'm getting a strange noise from the rear passenger side wheel when I make left turns only ... while driving at normal speeds around town.

It kinda sounds like a scraping or squealing sound ... and it's fairly loud.

At first I thought a bearing was going bad ... but everything is fine until I turn left ... when the weight shifts to the rear passenger side.

Things I've noticed:

1. the e-brake cable runs across and is resting on the muffler ... with no visable signs of rubbing or becoming taunt when turning. I was concerned the e-brake cable was possibly pulling-in the shoes a bit ... applying some friction.

2. the passenger rear shock seems long ... when sitting level it appears it only has 3-4" of stroke before the piston is bottomed out. The driver rear shock looks like it has about 6" of stroke before the piston is bottomed.

The shop spec'd RS99112's for the rear ... and I'm wondering if these are the correct PN's for 4.5 - 5" lift on an XJ ... using stock bumpstops ??

FYI: This is the same PN Rancho specs for a 4WD Suburban w/ 2-4" of lift.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back