• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Posi Lock

Moriarty581

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone here ever heard anything about how the Posi lock vacum eliminators perform? the two wheel low is atractive as is getting rid stock actuator.

Remember, if you are locked in the front you will not get 2wd low, you'll have 3wd.

-Scott

sintax said:
Remember, if you are locked in the front you will not get 2wd low, you'll have 3wd.

-Scott
the thing about it is that you can put your transfer case into 4wd low and not engage your front hubs. so your drive tires will still be your rear it will just alow for a reduced gear ratio and facilitate sharper turning in some situatations.

Moriarty581 said:
not engage your front hubs
I've read this before in other threads -- how many Cherokee's have locking hubs? At the price of conversion, I'd imagine there aren't many (especially if the axle still has the vacuum disconnect intact).

As an alternative, you can homebrew a "Posi lock". There are several ways of doing it, but I got this off the internet (not my document, but the original poster of this document knows I have this available on my web site):

cablediscodiagram.gif

http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/main.htm $160 works great, installs in about 1 - 1.5 hr. Upgrade to the better cast iron shift fork (mopar PN - 4137727) & new wear clips (4137731) while you are in there if it has the original alum. one in it still.
Mike B.

Back