• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superwinch hubs vs. Warn

vintagespeed

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a set of Superwinch D44 internal premo hubs today for my junk & I'm wondering how they stack up against Warn?

-jb

vintagespeed said:
I picked up a set of Superwinch D44 internal premo hubs today for my junk & I'm wondering how they stack up against Warn?

-jb

My local hardcore buds use them as a weak link to try to save axle joints. They've now gone to CTM's and will be replacing the Superwinch hubs with Warn hubs. They break them pretty regularly, but they're warrentied, so free replacement.

Goatman said:
My local hardcore buds use them as a weak link to try to save axle joints. They've now gone to CTM's and will be replacing the Superwinch hubs with Warn hubs. They break them pretty regularly, but they're warrentied, so free replacement.

What he said. Carry 2-3 extra hubs per ride if you have tires that give traction. You can change them while someone is trying the next obstacle though, takes about 5 mins.

Wondering if the retailers give ya any flack over carrying in a boxful of fragged hubs or do they just swap em out NQA?

Ditto what One Ton said. A couple of guys in my club use them as a fuse. Part of the reason is that if they break they seem to do so without taking the stub shaft with them. They come out in neat little pieces. The warn hubs are said to mangle other parts as well like the stub shaft splines. I know that warn has a "fuse hub" but I run a Detroit locker and they are not supposed to be used together. With that said I'm not sure if I'm being dumb by using the superwinch hubs as fuses instead, but we'll see.
mattk

vintagespeed said:

-jb

JB,

With how much you wheel you could get away with NO hubs.

:D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
JB,

With how much you wheel you could get away with NO hubs.

:D

hinkley

Ouch....that one stung. I only wheel every 101 car washes so I dont wear out my wax.

I was running the drive flanges, which I carry for spares, but my semi-straight driveshaft isn't exactly freeway-worthy.

Hinky, if you turn the tint down on your monitor your rig is PINK.

-jb

I tend not to stand directely next to any rig running the SW hubs as I've watched a few grenade and richochet off the trees down through the woods.... makes them hard to get replaced under the warranty too when you can't find them :roflmao: (BTW though those were d30 ones)
Mike B.

Back