• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No lights on cluster

Abugarcia

NAXJA Forum User
Tonight I noticed that I didn't have any lights on my gauges. Is there one bulb that may need to be replaced? Or what else should I look for?
BTW I have a 1987 2 door XJ
Thanks

Not exactly.....

I battled this on my 84 wiring and now on my 94 wiring. There are a lot of little bulbs in the instrament cluster. Are any of your lights coming one? If not check the fuse. Mine is grounded in the circuit and I have yet to have time to locate it.

I had the same thing. It general practice to wire the dash board lights through the fuse for the tail lights. Like a 15 for tail lights but a 5 amp for the dash board. This is done so if your tail lights go out your dash board also goes out to tell you the tail lights are not working.

I'd go and look in the owner's manual and pull the fuses for the tail lights and the dash board, wheck them with an ohm meter if they look good and replace if bad. That should fix the problem, did on my 88 XJ

Back