• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee SUT

JPohioXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I want to turn my cherokee into a SUT, I saw in a 4 wheel drive and sport utility magazine that some of the members here have done this. I was wondering if any one had a write up on how to do it. I know that AEV makes a conversion, but i am the type that likes a challenge. Thanks a lot. Tyler

JPohioXJ said:
I want to turn my cherokee into a SUT, I saw in a 4 wheel drive and sport utility magazine that some of the members here have done this. I was wondering if any one had a write up on how to do it. I know that AEV makes a conversion, but i am the type that likes a challenge. Thanks a lot. Tyler

Step 1. Acquire Sawz-all.

Step 2. Mark appropriate cut lines.

Step 3. Drink one 12 pack of your favourite carbonated adult beverage.

Step 4. Focus your chi and let the cutting begin.

On second thought, eliminate step 2 and just go right to cutting. Also, a plasma cutter can easily be substituted for a Sawz-all if you are feeling especially brave. :D

CRASH

JPohioXJ said:

It's not the "where to cut" that's the real challenge. It's the "how to reinforce"..... This has been discussed on and off, and a few searches might bring you many threads discussing it. The ones that did it (each one differently) are Rev Den, Goatman, Beezil, Borton, OneTon and many more.....

I poipped out the rear window, and "saved" the pinch seams. made for much less to fix. My cage is then welded to the pinch seam to stiffen the rear end up a little. Pretty fun!

You must replace the structure you remove....if not.....

RevDen_Taco.jpg

Rev

Back