• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Compressor

sford

NAXJA Forum User
In anticipation of adding lockers I purchased an ARB air compressor. I had to remove my wiper washer tank to install it. installation was a breeze four bolts hold the bracket in slide comp. in bracket single bolt clamps together. red wire black wire from comp to battery. wire loom 6 wires, 2 front locker pressure switch wires, 2 rear locker pressure switch wires, 2 pressure cut out wires(cutout 100psi) inside cab on/off switch power, ground, ignition, lights. switch slides easily into existing switch holes.

It seemed to me that the instructions were made for my jeep down to telling me what wires to attach to. easy install

Also purchased the tire inflation kit. Made for comecting to the comp. pressure port with a single outlet however, I one uptm and put a T on the end. Running air to the front and back of the jeep with quick connects.

My question to the masses is this, Can I run an air wrench from this setup???

ARB dosen't say!
Also can I use an air tank to do it?

With a tank maybe. The ARB compressors just don't pump enough air to run air tools. It might have the pressure, but it's not going to have cfm flow needed. Don't know what the cfm rating at 90 psi is for the ARB, but I know the whole QuickAir family is below 1 cfm 90 psi. Off the top of my head I think my air ratchet needs 4 cfm at 90 psi. With a tank you could run air tools for short bursts, but you'll be waiting for the tank to fill. And I don't know what the ARB's duty cycle is, you don't want to burn up the compressor.

ARB makes about 3/4 cu ft/ min, not nearly enough to run air tools. Manual suggests letting the compressor cool after running for 45 minutes.
HTH, Cheropair

My ARB compessor blew the in line fuse after just 5 minute of constant running to inflate a tire. (which it didn't do) 5lbs in 5 minutes isn't ludicrous speed.

ludicrousspeed.jpg

Back