• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

high altitude sputter

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Seems lately when I go wheelin (5000 ft and up) when I start the jeep it runs rough and sputters a little. after a couple minuts of running it will clear up and run fine until I shut it off and start it up again. I was thinking MAP sensor but does anybody know what it could be. Engine has 120,000 on it and no major mods,just K&N and flowmaster.

thanks

That is true. Although I wonder what altitude that it makes a difference...

For what it's worth I take mine out wheelin' at about 5,000 - 8,000 feet regularly and haven't had a problem, ambient tempurtures have probably been between 40* - 90*

What year is the Jeep? It may just need a little TLC, I'd start basic, say giving a good cleaning of the throttle body. Also, you should adjust your TPS (just good to do) and check your MAP sensor out, all sensors can be checked with a multimeter on a Renix XJ (1987 - 1990), on later models it's different...

Sequoia

Its a 95 so no renix. I just purchased a new cps and cleaned the tps and throttle body so I will probably just purchase a new MAP sensor and install it also and see what happens.

Back