• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 Cherokee Auto 33's need gearing?

Im running 4.56's with 33's right now, its really nice! However a 3" lift and 33's dosent sound like a good idea unless your ready to cut alot.

I run mine with 4.56 on 33's and 31's .. I think 33's with 4.56s is just nice with an auto.... 31's with 4.56s is a little too low for my liking.

it depends on what kind of driveing you do. if its a daily driver and trail rig then 4.56's.
if you only use it for wheeling then 4.88's.
renagade's 4.56/33 combo is a perfect compromis of both street and trail. it holds top gear on the hwy even on a small incline.
right now I am working on a manual tranny YJ on 33's. he went with 4.88's because he flat tows the rig and only drives it on the street when he needs to. its a fun setup because it is quick in the lower gears. at speed on the freeway it was around 2800+ rpm's at 70'ish. gonna order up a speedo gear to correct things for him.:)
CutLaredo said:
91 Cherokee 3'' lift 33's with Dana 3.83, do I need to gear it?

actualy the YJ I am working... he just told me this morning that he is going to 35"s. so he will be perfect...

4.56s for 33" is the right ration in my opinon, but it also depends on the type of trails you do. Over here, the trails I hit are mostly mud, ruts and very little rocks so 4.56s are just right for me. Good luck

CutLaredo said:
Thank You Rawbrown, 4.56 sounds perfect to me

Back