• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Center Console: 1.5 or 2 DIN stereo?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 Sport.

The center console where the stereo is has a 1.5 DIN opening.

Did all the "restyled" interiors have 1.5 DIN stereos? Were there ever any 2 DIN dashes? Maybe the 1997-1999 XJs are different. European ones are different maybe?

I would really like a 2 DIN setup so I can fit a 1 DIN embedded processor and a 1 DIN pull out LCD. <bling, bling you uber-geek> LOL

Any insights appreciated.

r@m

Root Moose said:
I have a 2001 Sport.

The center console where the stereo is has a 1.5 DIN opening.

Did all the "restyled" interiors have 1.5 DIN stereos? Were there ever any 2 DIN dashes? Maybe the 1997-1999 XJs are different. European ones are different maybe?

I would really like a 2 DIN setup so I can fit a 1 DIN embedded processor and a 1 DIN pull out LCD. <bling, bling you uber-geek> LOL

Any insights appreciated.

r@m

Nope. '96 and older are 1.0 DIN, '97 and newer are all 1.5 DIN.

Damn. I'll have to get "creative" I guess.

Thanks for the info.

r@m

I might have what you need

I just changed my Radio bezel on my 2000 Sport because someone, very nicely I might add, cut out the area directly under the stereo to fit something. I don't know what it is but I did not need the space. Maybe it is what you need? I can send you a picture if you are interested. Price would be low.

Kenny

Back