• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44s comparison

Çrestfa||en

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to know which are better boggers or ground hawgs when it comes to tread life and price. Also about how much do they weigh each.

Çrestfa||en said:
I wanted to know which are better boggers or ground hawgs when it comes to tread life and price. Also about how much do they weigh each.

Ground Hawgs (isn't that a wonderful name?) wear like iron. They also offer about as much traction.

Boggers wear like a pencil erasor. They have good foreward traction, but are scary to watch when the going gets off-camber.

CRASH

My friend is getting them, he's putting rockwells on his FSJ

He'll probably go with ground hawgs then plus the name is way cooler than bogger.

Çrestfa||en said:
He'll probably go with ground hawgs then plus the name is way cooler than bogger.

why not go with 49" iroks like that one magazine. :)

how about 56 michealins....

Amount of rubber?!

Have you ever thought about the sheer amount of rubber that go in to making that size of tire.

Anyone know how much the michelan's weigh? Not something that a person could just "toss up on the roof".

motorman said:
Have you ever thought about the sheer amount of rubber that go in to making that size of tire.

Anyone know how much the michelan's weigh? Not something that a person could just "toss up on the roof".
WE put a set of 49" Michelins on a buggy with some usa 6x6 wheels(garbage by the way,they aren't round and they don't hold air, the wheels that is) the wheel and tire combo came in around 270lbs. a wheel. Hence the big block and portals to turn them...

Back