• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyway to intall dual stabilizers

I installed a set of Rusty's, it basically bolts a bracket to your diff cover and then uses a u bolt to hold it to your tie rod. Works good and would be easy to make the brackets yourself.

Why? There is never any reason for 2 stabilizers.

If your XJ suspension is so out of wack that you need two stabalizers, you really need to take a close look at your front end.

A well set up XJ front end does'nt even need a stablizer!

YEA dude dual stabilizers!!!!!! IT gives u more horsepower!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: !!!

stoney

Well maybe he's running 44"s and needs 'em cause it's killing his hands. Never the less, it's still a mod and some people like to run 'em 'cause they look kewl at the mall.

I'm running single stabilizer with 37s as a daily driver and i don't see a reason to put on a second one.

Okie Terry said:
Well maybe he's running 44"s and needs 'em cause it's killing his hands. Never the less, it's still a mod and some people like to run 'em 'cause they look kewl at the mall.

Does'nt look like 44"s in his aveator. Must be a mall thing, we would'nt understand. :laugh:

Man, you guys are sure hard on someone just asking a question. :)

I don't even run a stabilizer on mine, but some who have real bad DW could maybe use another one.

Sorry Stick,

Was'nt trying to bust your chops. Like I said a well put together front end on an XJ does'nt even need a steering stablizer, much less two.

Take a close look at your front end and get to the bottum of your problem.

Beezil said:
whats a steering stabilizer?

Its a daily driver thing, you wouldnt understand. :D :anon:

Goatman said:
Man, you guys are sure hard on someone just asking a question. :)

I don't even run a stabilizer on mine, but some who have real bad DW could maybe use another one.
I wasn't trying to be hard on Stick, Woody. I was serious. I was makin' a point that just because those guys don't run a SS doesn't mean that advice on how to run a SS should be withheld.

You see y'all, I don't like ATs, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna tell somebody to not run 'em just because I don't. I'll tell 'em where to find some if that's the question they're askin'.

And just because someone posts in Mod Tech, guys, it doesn't mean they use their rig anywhere but the local mall. I don't run a SS, but that doesnt mean I shouldn't help him run 5 of 'em if that's what he wants to do.

Oh yeah, Mojo, I don't believe that's his XJ in the avatar, IIRC.

That is all.

I am planning on running two stabilizers eventually. Some of us wheel in very different situations than most of you guys. I use my cherokee mainly in the desert, usually doing at least 30mph prerunning some rough courses. People eat up steering boxes doing that. I got off the line once and hit a whole hard enough that it snapped the SS shaft in half. I saw rusty's kit, but I think that it would be pretty easy to just fab up your own kit. Besides, when the mom's at the mall ask you where you got your dual SS kit, you can brag about how you made it :).

Marcus

I was also thinking about the dual ss setup. Id like to know how well it works. Tired of gettin my hands ripped off. not to mention the mall look.lol Anybody have a pic of the bracket setup rustys did hav a pic posted.

Spc Stauffer Camp JC Iraq :us:

Most of these guys rock crawl. They don't need a steering stabilizer. If you run faster than 20 MPH in sand or in a desert condition the dual Stab works wonders for your hands and forarms when turning or hitting a dropoff doing 30-40 MPH. If that is what your looking at doing then the dual setup is great.

Now if your mall crawling then make sure you get some neon lights to highlight the set up. :(

Alex

Okie Terry said:
Oh yeah, Mojo, I don't believe that's his XJ in the avatar, IIRC.

That is all.

AHHHHH I see, I just assumed it was his rig. Why put someone elses ride in your av :dunno:

Now I really don't understand :doh:

Mojo Troll said:
AHHHHH I see, I just assumed it was his rig. Why put someone elses ride in your av :dunno:

Now I really don't understand :doh:
Well it is a nice rig which makes a cool avatar. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Actually I think I would like to put dual steering stabilizers on my rig too. From reading the posts on the local mall crawler board, I understand that dual Steering Stabilizers also chase the big, mean, scary, undercarriage eating rocks away.

Another point to consider, is that they haven't marketed curb feelers since the 1970's.

Kevin

Back