• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sounds stupid, but will it work?

tellicorick

NAXJA Forum User
You're gonna LOL at this one, but need some answers. While I'm trying to get everything fabbed up to do a "one time" build, I thought I might be able to replace my HPD30 front end with the front end from a 2WD XJ for a temporary fix and let me still drive while modifying the front with D30 knuckles and D44 outer knuckles with locking hubs and hardware. And since I won't be need 4WD for a while, it won't be a problem. What about it? Will a 2WD front bolt up to the 4WD CA's, shock mounts etc.?

Thanks for answering a crazy question.

tellicorick said:
You're gonna LOL at this one, but need some answers. While I'm trying to get everything fabbed up to do a "one time" build, I thought I might be able to replace my HPD30 front end with the front end from a 2WD XJ for a temporary fix and let me still drive while modifying the front with D30 knuckles and D44 outer knuckles with locking hubs and hardware. And since I won't be need 4WD for a while, it won't be a problem. What about it? Will a 2WD front bolt up to the 4WD CA's, shock mounts etc.?

Thanks for answering a crazy question.

yup, it'll work, i'm planning on getting one as a spare for the day i REALLY f@#k up my front end.

Just remember to disconnect the front driveshaft. :moon:
DIG IT!

Back