• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Didn't get the 92, what about an '87?

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
Never seen it in person....just in a classified ad.

All I know is that it is an automatic, 4x4, 4 door, and had the engine completely disassembled, parts replaced, and reassembled.

I think quite a few '87 came with the D44 am I right?

I'm off to look after church tomorrow...any thoughts.

Seems like '87 is the only year for D44. Of the ones I've looked under, it seems that at least half have them.

87 will have the non HO motor and the less desired cooling system, but the price of these drastically drop from the 91+ XJ's, sometimes less than half the cost. Not all of the 87's will have the 44 tho, but it's diff worth gettin down on one knee to see.

Is this an auto? Hope so, the main thing I can remember about you is working on your clutch a few years back in the campground.

One more 87 question..

Good memory on the clutch job Fore Wheeler...and after my clutch fried, I rode with you with the heat on since your rig was overheating...

My goal is to get a 2nd XJ to drive daily, and then when Cottontail's tranny goes out again (I redid it again since that trip to Tellico) or the 2.8 finally gives up the ghost, I have another right there to take it's place, and I can start to drive the ZJ as my daily driver..

One more question (for anyone)...if you could choose an 87 XJ or an 87 Waggy, which would you lean towards...I have that choice. Of course there will be several determining factors...miles being one...On pure asthetics, I am inclined to seek out the Waggy. I guess I like to be different...not many of them out there anymore.

Back