• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Need leaf spring clamps for Chrysler 8.25

rockethound

NAXJA Forum User
I discovered today that the leaf spring clamp plate for the Dana 35 is not compatible with my new Chrysler 8.25. I went to the Chrylser parts house and the guy there said that that plate had to be special ordered and that there was no guarantee that it would be the right size. He also said that the sway bar bracket that mounts with this plate cannot be purchased through him. This is the last part i need to get my XJ back on the road.

Does anyone out there have these 4 items or no for sure where i can get them.

rockethound said:
I discovered today that the leaf spring clamp plate for the Dana 35 is not compatible with my new Chrysler 8.25. I went to the Chrylser parts house and the guy there said that that plate had to be special ordered and that there was no guarantee that it would be the right size. He also said that the sway bar bracket that mounts with this plate cannot be purchased through him. This is the last part i need to get my XJ back on the road.

Does anyone out there have these 4 items or no for sure where i can get them.

OK, it's Ubolts :D and you can probably find some in PepBoys or Autozone or Kragen (I had one set from there). Make sure not to get the black ones (sorry, that I'm not more descriptive) as those are weak :( (don't ask how I know). If you can wait, order them from Rubicon Express or something.

In regards to the rear swaybar, just ditch it. Quite a few XJ's came out from factory without one (as an option).

IntrepidXJ said:
also, can't you just drill out the holes so that they work on your 8.25? just oval them out a little?

I thought about that, but thought it was going to be easier to find the right part. If no one pipes up that they have some laying around i think i will do that. Should be strong enough right?

And i will loose the sway bars.

rockethound said:
I thought about that, but thought it was going to be easier to find the right part. If no one pipes up that they have some laying around i think i will do that. Should be strong enough right?

And i will loose the sway bars.

Or visit a boneyard :D

IntrepidXJ said:
most people remove their rear swaybars. i haven't had one for a while, and don't even notice it's gone. XJ's with the upcountry packaged didn;t even come with one

This Jeep is my daily driver. How will the removal of the sway bars affect the way it handles on the highway?

Back