• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

!#[email protected] the damage?

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
well, in another post, I was told a wire was ground ( i even tested it, and it said ground) so I grounded it.
apparently it wasn't. sparks, small fire at the wires around the dist. I put it out. What all do you think is damaged? Am I screwed? Im really pissed, shaken right now. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, once again, I was proven wrong. :cry: :cry:

imma honky said:
well, in another post, I was told a wire was ground ( i even tested it, and it said ground) so I grounded it.
apparently it wasn't. sparks, small fire at the wires around the dist. I put it out. What all do you think is damaged? Am I screwed? Im really pissed, shaken right now. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, once again, I was proven wrong. :cry: :cry:

what wire specifically, and what/how did u "test" it such that it "said ground"?

Tested with a multimeter. It's also a black wire! It was a single wire that I had found dangling behind the distributor.

Should I begin looking for another ride? Or is it saveable? (within in reason $$ wise)

Last edited:
imma honky said:

You really have to describe the damage better for us to say if its salvageable or not. From your post it sounds like its hardly a big deal. I know someone that rebuilt a jeep that burnt completely to the ground, so a "small fire" in the engine bay should be a piece of cake.

What got damaged, pictures would be useful.

Back