• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche bed caps?

I think the L x W dimentions are shared by the earlier style S10 Chebby PUs.

But in the case of a 'cap' I think one or the other has a taller cab...so the H dimention may be a hair short or tall for the MJ.

Mine was custom made by a Truck cap shop. I don't know how much it cost as the previous owner put it on.

factors you need to consider:
1. security
2. accessibility

Do you want the cap to be able to lock things up or is it for work and you'll need acees to the bed of the truck, especially the front bed corners?

3. Material:

Aluminum or fiberglass?

I have aluminum and it's light enough that I can remove the entire cap alone, of course it's easier with 2 ppl.

Fiberglass is ALOT heavier.
Also, I don't know if they can build a top rack into a fiberglass cap like I have wih my alum cap.

I don't have the best pics, but I can email you pics of mine if you PM me an address.

As far as bed covers....I don't think many places have them ready to order. I would bet they would be a custom job, just due to the fact that MJs were discontinued a long time ago.

That seems 2 b the way 2 go. I might add this, i am looking 4 a different solution 2 the "How am i gona keep it dry once i cut the back off my XJ" question. N-stead of getting a soft top custom made, it seems i could just use a bed cap! I'll just have 2 measure and compare. i think Dakotas might b just about right tho. Thanks everyone

Dakaota's are too long

I just went through this recently and either S10 or Rangers are close enough to work but not a Dakota.

The top of my MJ ShortBed measures right at 61"Wx75"L across the top.

My 1996 Dakota Short Bed I had up until the MJ measured 62.5x80. The Dakota Short Bed is actually 6.5' where as most compact trucks are 5.5' or 6' long.

1990 Ranger Short Bed measured 60 1/8 wide by 74 1/2 long and would be about right.

I measured the shell for a 2000 or so Chevy S10 at 62" x 75" from lip to lip.

What I've found to work when playing with shells that don't quite fit is to get some garage door gasket from the hardware store. It's about 2" wide and comes in a big roll. Cut it to length and run it down the length of the bedrail. It last much longer than the foam stuff they try to sell you if you take the shell on and off alot.

- JP

If your looking for a cap I have one that I dont want any more, I want to get a soft top conversion for my MJ.. Let me know..

Are you looking for a tonneau cover? If so I have one from my short bed Mj that I'll sell ya, it's in great shape, let me know, pm me, Judd

I'm definitely looking for an MJ-specific fiberglass cap for my 91 long bed. No one offers them anymore and the closest available is the pre-1993 Chev S-10 long box. So if anyone has one available, please shoot me an email. Don [email protected]

Back