• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some SoCal chapter thoughts/ideas

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
As I poked around other boards here on NAXJA, couple thoughts have occured to me, so I'd like to present them to our chapter BOD to ponder as well as to our members :D.
Anyways, we've been a chapter for close to a year, and I think we should get chapter stickers going (I'd suggest some sort of a "submit designs then members choose best one" deal) and later maybe some shirts (but I'd probably wait on that, till we make some money first :D).
Along those lines, I was thinking that as a chapter I don't really think that we got any $$ (or do we?? AFAIK we didn't really have any events or anything that would bring in $$) and I saw something that another chapter is considering that isounds like a good idea. They are considering doing a one time fee ($10) when they form that would be used to build up a small amount of funds which then could be used towards things like stickers and so on. Anyways, I know that when the chapter was formed, there were a lot of people concerned about additional fees and didn't want them, so I'd suggest that we could make it a donation type of a deal: pass a hat or something around @ Calico and drop in some cash for the chapter (totaly voluntary, with no pressure to put any particular amount in). Later on, maybe we could offer a paypal thing that others could use to donate money into the chapter if they choose to.

Anyways, this is something to consider and maybe talk about when we all meet up @ Calico. See you all there :D
Remi aka Kejtar

Here's another idea. We don't charge any money to attend our events. Then again, we haven't yet had an event, but I digress...

What would the BOD think of collecting food, that we could donate to a local food bank, in lieu of event or run fees?

For Calico, Michaelle and I would be willing to volunteer to collect the food and transport it to a food bank.

While that's a wonderful idea, Helen and I donate to the local food bank regularly with the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

But it doesn't buy stickers... (unless we can find someone who will make stickers for rice! :roll: )

I'd be willing to kick in a few bucks towards a common chapter kitty.

bburge

I like the food bank idea as well, it'd be a very good way to support the community without costing the chapter much at all.

As for the other items, stickers, funds, and all that, those are all items that have been in consideration, right now we've just been working on getting the event details straightened out first though.

Sequoia

Sequoia

I got this idea after reading your 50/50 post for the Calico run. How 'bout a monthly meet and greet and have a 50/50 raffle at each one? We could have one in a different area each month say OC, the valley, San Diego area, IE so that everyone is covered.

bburge said:
While that's a wonderful idea, Helen and I donate to the local food bank regularly with the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

But it doesn't buy stickers... (unless we can find someone who will make stickers for rice! :roll: )

I'd be willing to kick in a few bucks towards a common chapter kitty.

bburge

I have a vinyl cutter. I'd be willing to make some stickers for the club....
Hmm. maybe I should join the club first..... :wave1:
Let me know what you need.
-Kirk
[email protected]

How about a Trail Adoption?

The SBNF still has 2N04 below the Onyx Peak area open for Adoption, and I think it's a good time to take a look and consider it for the club.

2N04 runs a loop from HWY 38 to 2N02 near the Juniper Springs Group Campground. It is easy (totally Green in difficulty) and has a wet crossing of Araasta Creek and traverses both meadow and forested areas. It will take about one day a year to maintain (brush and tree limb cutting, and mild rock moving).

Any thoughts?

Ed A. Stevens said:
The SBNF still has 2N04 below the Onyx Peak area open for Adoption, and I think it's a good time to take a look and consider it for the club.

2N04 runs a loop from HWY 38 to 2N02 near the Juniper Springs Group Campground. It is easy (totally Green in difficulty) and has a wet crossing of Araasta Creek and traverses both meadow and forested areas. It will take about one day a year to maintain (brush and tree limb cutting, and mild rock moving).

Any thoughts?

I'm for it :D I know that before we kind of wanted to see the trail before adopting it, but I don't see why that would be necessary. It's a trail and it needs maintenance :D

In regards to the additional donations somehow before I was able to get to that, people started slowly dissapearing from the camp fire... Sequoia, if you can set up a paypal account for the club, I am going to throw some $$ into it, and I "challenge" other members to do so as well :D

maybe a So Cal section to the naxja website...

something like http://www.naxja.org/socal or something to that affect?

I'd be up to helping with the design, or anything I can do to help.

Just a thought.

oh... on the trail adoption part... can we adopt one that I can run in my 2WD??? hehehe...

LiquidOps said:

Just a thought.

oh... on the trail adoption part... can we adopt one that I can run in my 2WD??? hehehe...

On the website, we'd have to host it outside of NAXJA, but it might be possible to do the url as socalxj.naxja.org.....

LiquidOps said:

Just a thought.

2N04 is classic fire road, and 2WD capable (more Rally than Baja conditions).

I agree we need a SoCal/NAXJA or NAXJA/SoCal Logo. Anyone have ideas posted anywhere on a logo?

Kejtar said:
On the website, we'd have to host it outside of NAXJA, but it might be possible to do the url as socalxj.naxja.org.....

Well... let's get some other opinions on this? Anyone up for a seperate web page? Why exactly would it have to be hosted outside of naxja? It's part of the same domain and we are a part of them... aren't we? Let me know though...

What ideas do you guys have? Should we look into a seperate web site? Or just not worry about it?

I'm up for the work, or atleast to help, if nobody else wants the job.

LiquidOps said:
Well... let's get some other opinions on this? Anyone up for a seperate web page? Why exactly would it have to be hosted outside of naxja? It's part of the same domain and we are a part of them... aren't we? Let me know though...

Because NAXJA server is for the national NAXJA (the parent) which is above us (chapter). If you look at the other NAC Chapter site, it is hosted outside NAXJA.

Ed A. Stevens said:
I agree we need a SoCal/NAXJA or NAXJA/SoCal Logo. Anyone have ideas posted anywhere on a logo?

How about this?

SoCalLogo.jpg

Ed A. Stevens said:
I think this is a good idea. How 'bout we just go get this done! My February is a little tight, but what about Saturday, February 28, or Sunday, February 29 to go up there and stake a claim?

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
I think this is a good idea. How 'bout we just go get this done! My February is a little tight, but what about Saturday, February 28, or Sunday, February 29 to go up there and stake a claim?

Sequoia

I will e-mail Greg and claim it for NAXJA.

Back