• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Early ABS?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok when did they start ABS? 88? I got an ABS axle that I'm stealing the shafts from and was wondering about thge other parts on this axle. What I should save and what I should sell..... Are the hubbs the same on both ABS and non-ABS front axles up to 91? I noticed the knuckles are different than mine and so are the calipers. What about the rotors? The stuff I cannot use will be sold to help offset the cost. Anythoughts on what I should keep for spares and what should hit Ebay? TIA... Sequoia If you see this I'll post some tone ring pictures in a littel bit!

As memory serves, '89 was the first year for the world's best ABS. I've never compared the hubs, etc to non-ABS, obviously the shafts with the tone rings are different. I can't imagine any difference in the rotors.
Those parts are like gold to those of us who wish to keep our old ABS functional, but many are tearing out their old systems and replacing them with non-ABS. Go figure?? :laugh2:

Ok the tone rings......
867432ToneRings.JPG

From the rear......
867433ToneRingsII.JPG

Thanks Dave D I'll keep that in mind on the calipers...... I was thinking the hubs would be the same and so would the rotors but was not sure.

Last edited:
Back