• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bleeder for Brakes or Clutch

rattler43

NAXJA Forum User
FYI.....Carquest has a new "to me" bleeder valve for brakes that has a one way valve in it to enable you to bleed your brakes by yourself. They come in pairs and the smaller one will fit the bleeder on my 88 xj internal slave cylinder. May be useful for bleeding or flushing system. You just crack it open a small amount and then pump brakes, refill master, pump some more, etc. Kinda pricey, but some of you may be interested. Don't remember who makes the product, but should be available elsewhere also. Don

Speed Bleeders! http://www.speedbleeder.com They're also on the shelf at PepBoys. They've been out for at least several years.

Only problem I've noted with them is that if you're starting with empty lines, or a lot of air, the check valve may not open. Any bleeder kit with a check valve has a similar problem.

ChixJeff..You may be right on the lots of air or empty line part. Never tried it , but works good on minor maintenance. Also works best for me as I will not allow a friend to crack the valve after the last time when he tried to use one wrench and ruined my internal slave. I let him do it because he was younger and slimmer, but it ended up costing me. LOL

Back