• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 rear brakes, where to get everything?

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have a Scout II rear D44 minus the entire brakes. Ive seen you can only buy certain parts for the brakes ie, drums, shoes, ect. They are 11".
My question is where could I get a complete setup including all the springs and everything else needed. I dont want to convert to a disc in the back since it will be more $$$ and its a trail only rig. The stock XJ's wont fit up since they are on a 35 and only 9" I belive. Thanks

Bttt

You have to find a non-c-clip D35. I used some of the springs and such from one of my old ones. The drums I got from Kragen for like $25 ea. But if you are starting from scratch, disc brakes may be a very good way to go. You said it will only be used on the trail, many do the conversion for the cleaning ability. I think ebay has a disc kit for the Scout axles, and probably any D44.

After you price it all out, disc brakes are really not that much more. That's if you can get lucky at your local pick-n-pulls. Goodluck :)

Just to let you know, disc brakes were a little cheaper than rebuilding my drums for my d44. I found a '96 ZJ set of rear discs for $125 and rotors and pads. It was pretty easy really. I priced drums, but the backing plates and so on were pretty expensive.

Just a thought,
Curt

Back