• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Midwest Chapter, and firewood?

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Just curious as to whether we're still going to try and discuss a Midwest Chapter. Obviously, those attending Winterfest are at least interested in participating in club activities, and I know some are interested in a chapter. I also know others are not, but I just thought I'd bring up the topic again to see what current thought on it is. If we want to set up a meeting, let's try to determine the best time so as not to interfere with wheeling or other activities.
On the subject of other activities, I'm trying to clean out my woodworking shop. I'm pretty sure those who attended the last "riverfest" appreciated my kindling wood from the partial cleaning I did then, and I know I'll have at least that much again. My question is, does anyone have any objections to burning plywood scraps? I have a lot of birch and oak plywood scraps that will burn up real nice, but there is a little glue and stuff in there, and I don't want to expose anyone to that if they object. Personally, I don't think there's any risk unless you're actually smoking it :looney: , but if anyone has more info, please let me know.
5 weeks and counting :cheers:

Look who you're talking too!!!
Usually we have to pay extra for our 'extra-curriculars'.
If you're bringing glue to burn, then I can leave the gallon of enamel paint and the snorkel at home.
Hasta.

John ... I'm still interested in talking about forming a Midwest Chapter ...

I have no prob with the plywood ... I'm planning on cleaning out the barn and bringing up some left over boards. They are all hardwood (mixed oak and maple) without glue. This should "dilute" it :greensmok if anyone has any problems. I know I've "breathed" a lot worse smoke than that (I just did not enhale)!

By the way, I'm bringing coffee (hot chocolate too) since I'm not a "drinker" in many peoples 'sence of the word. Planning on using some Baileys as creamer though. Coffee'll come in handy the "next morning" too I'm sure (but it will not help those of you with a sore butt so bring your own Bagbalm). :gag:

Les

I thought that the last time we discussed this, some of us who were interested agreed to talk at Winterfest. Judging by the responses here, maybe we're beating another dead horse? I thought there were a few others besides Les and I who wanted to do something and if not, why bother to ask to have a special forum set up? :dunno:

thats groovey. I think you guys should do that....go to robbies early so you can get a couple tables together, and discuss the business without distractions.

I won't mess with you guys i promise.....

but remember, the last time this came up, some of you guys started talking about making stickers...

I think ruffies has a very good idea of what naxja requires in order to get the ball rolling...perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to lead the meeting by communicating what those needs are....

just a suggestion.....

I got my info from Mike.
I can forward what he sent me to anyone that would like the info. I am not sure i will be there... or if I can stay for the meeting if i do go to wheel.
I am still interest in the chapter idea... and I know a couple other guys in my area that will go for it.
stickers... well... thats not important until we get this settled first.

And beez.. its Rufies!! only one F.. geesh..LOL... Sean warned me about you.

sorry rufe'

there are two f's in "huffer".....

i must been combining the two!

what's this bullshit about maybe not making it?????

huh?

you have some explaining to do.

Okay then, it looks like maybe there is enough interest to pursue this further. I'm expecting to have a less hectic work month ahead, so I'll have time to do some research as well as all the work on my XJ. Rufies, I would appreciate that info that you have, to get me started. I thought about Robies as a meeting place as well, but thought there may be too many distractions. Depending on how many want to talk, I thought we could have a short meeting in my motorhome right after leaving the park, then continue our discussions more informally at Robies and the riverfront. That way those who may need to be heading home that night could get their .02 in. :cheers:

Beezil said:
sorry rufe'

there are two f's in "huffer".....

i must been combining the two!

what's this bullshit about maybe not making it?????

huh?

you have some explaining to do.

yeah.. "huffer" with 2 F's and Rufies with 1 F HAHA
you guys have got to think i have some sort of problem with names like that.. I swear.. its not a problem..HAHA
Anyway....money is tight.. with a wedding and honeymoon to plan and my wife-to-be is going back to school full time.. the XJ is taking a backseat. Money wont be a problem in a few years..LOL.
OK.. so I'll be there.. my XJ may not make it.. and if it does, it may not be in the condition i want it to be in. Lifted I mean..... Sean is busy now and I'd rather wait till I have the cash and we can do it all at once and let him do his other projects first. :idea: commission...hint hint.... HAHA j/k

Less... I gotta go thru my PMs and find the info and I'll forward it to ya!

Just got home from work ... I am in for gettin together and talkin' about forming a Midwest Chapter. John ... if you need any help with anything, just let me know.

Planning to camp Saturday night (under a tent though). If it rains, will probably just head home. Too cold for "wet". I'm only 35-40 minutes from the Badlands so it's no biggie if it's late.

By the way ... what is Rufies, resturant or bar or sleezy motel?? Some of the history I've read, I'd think the latter ....

Les

Robies is a Bar/ Restaurant with awesome Steaks

Rufies is a wannabe NAXJA member :twak:

See you there... is your son coming too? he took some good pics last time.

John

OK gang...as much as I like the idea of a "No Chapter Chapter" count me in for the discussions about a Midwest Chapter. I may even be willing to hold the 1st discussion in my room at the inn on Saturday..after the trails.

Rev

Rev Den said:
OK gang...as much as I like the idea of a "No Chapter Chapter" count me in for the discussions about a Midwest Chapter. I may even be willing to hold the 1st discussion in my room at the inn on Saturday..after the trails.

Rev

I'll bring refreshments!

oops :confused1 ... Kinda got a little cockwaddled there on names. Must have been the F or FF thing earlier.

Yep ... my son Aaron will be there. That is kinda why I was wondering what ROBIES was. Figured if it was a "sleazy motel", he could really get some good pics! Maybe even some Mpegs!!

Back