• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LTBs

NecksXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my set of Super Swamper LTBs and just got them on. i had a problem with getting them balanced. my two back tires are not balanced at all. I was wondering if anyone out there who is running this same tire had any of the same troubles.

Balance? good luck! When I first had my 34's mounted, the local tire shop spent 3hours attempting to balance just two. I later told them to take all those stupid weights off and I would drive without them. They drive just fine with no wobbles of any sort without balancing.
Those side lugs will throw the balancing machine all off, so don't even bother.

On Pats XJ, (my Old XJ) we tried EVERYTHING...different balancers (Hunter Roadforce too) 24oz of BB's in each tire and still no luck till we just kept rotating the tire on the rim a lil each time...took 5 hours for 4. Still ended up needing almost 20oz of weight on 2 of the wheels...one took 23oz and one took 9oz LOL!

Back