• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re adjustable arms or not

xjmoser

NAXJA Forum User
im getting ready to order the re 6130. :D im going to upgrade to jks dicos. and see if i can get the 4.5 rear pack instead of the 3.5( i have a 2in bb with a rear block i dont want to use the block) what i want to know is it worth getting adjustale arms or not?????

thanks

I did almost the same thing you are talking about. I ordered the RE 6130 but I got the 5.5 rear spring packs with it (no cost difference). I wish I had ordered the adjustable control arms simply because it would give me more tunablity for height adjustments later if I chose to do so. After the order arrived and I started installing I decided to upgrade the lift more so I ordered the drop brackets, sway bar disco relocation brackets, 3/4 front spacers, RE HD Track Bar and Bracket, and AA SYE and TW Shaft. I ended up with about 6.5 inches in the rear with at least 200 lbs of tools and junk in the rear and I got 6 inches in the front. I am thinking of putting some ACOS up front to level it out since I am a little high in the rear. Everything went fine with the front end alignment and it drives great! So if I had it to do over again I would have just ordered the 5.5 kit from the start and upgraded to adjustable control arms. I think iif you got the bucks and ever have any plans to upgrade the lift any then adjutables would be a good thing to have but that is my HO. Don't know if it helps but it's my .02

Back