• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA bushing life span

Angus

NAXJA Forum User
Happy New Year,
Anyway I am begining to get front tire shake from my 2000 XJ w/ 82,000 miles. Last summer it did this and moved to DW after a month of ignoring. The solution was replacing the LCA bushings via JKS lower arms (I had to find an excuse). This time around the axle moves but the uppers are the culprit. My question is whether the upper JKS would be that dramatic an improvment since the upper stock arms are fairly pliable anyway. I realize the JKS's would help my 4" OME lifted rig keep upper bushings longer as the lower have. I can live with bushing replacement every 80k so, I'm not sure if that is justification. The improved articulation is nice, but I limit it now anyway to keep the fenders pretty. I love the lower JKS arms, the solid "feel" is great, but are the uppers worth it?

Angus

I'm surprised that with a 00 you haven't run into driveline vibes. With 4" and a LP D30, UCA that are adjustable would be needed.
I say if you have the money get them! Its not like you will be let down by anything but the price.
If you really like the stiff feel, get Currie's bushings for the axle. I can't remember if the JKS uppers have rubber at the frame. You could always go with RE Superflex Adj. uppers.
Rensing

I do have a light hum/vibration, but I need the alignment to be decent also. By solid I mean the arm construction compared to stock. I was surprised by the "solid" sound felt over bumps with the JKS's. I noticed a similar effect when the rocker bars were installed. The stiffness of these items work well with the unit body. JKS arms have stock rubber on both ends, I do not like the "too solid" feel and noise from hiems.

Angus

Back