• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wallowed out JKS UCA bushing conundrum

Handlebars

NAXJA Member #135
I've been getting a pretty bad klunk from my front end which I traced to the frame end bushings in my JKS UCA's. The inner sleeve of the bushing has a large hole with 6 little protruding knobs that locate the bushing on the bolt. Those knobs have worn down, allowing a large amount of play between the bushing sleeve and the bolt. I picked up a pair of the specified body end UCA bushings, which are the same design. I also had the axle end UCA bushing on hand (it actually fell out of the bracket when I removed the control arm) and I noticed that it had a much beefier sleeve that was a nice, snug fit on the bolt and it looks like it will also fit in the JKS arm. Why is there this diffrence in sleeve design? Can I use the axle end bushing in the arm?

Here's what they look like:

new body side bushing.......old body side bushing in arm........old axle side bushing
orig.jpg

I don't see why not as long as the ODs of the bushings are right. I guess the smaller sleeve OD is to provide a little more damping or something. I would have to wonder if that loose upper bushing in the axle end was doing a good part of your clunking though.

Back