• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many wheel with 31s and pics plz

here's my .02 cents

a driver is the key part in determining capability of a vehicle

good driver = good times
bad driver= broken parts, and stupid moves that endanger people including themselves because they are putting vehicle up to what it can't do...(ie. local idiots in s10's going 40mph or so through mudhole's drunk)

swak6287 said:
just wanna see some xj with 31s and their capabilities. i am debating between 31s and 33s.

What is your location and terrain type, sir?

CRASH

Going with 33's will mean a big step up in price compared to going with 31's. You can get by with only a 3.5"-4.5" lift and 31s and do some pretty difficult trails. Going with a 5.5"+ lift to fit 33s means you also need SYE, rear DS, adj. trackbar, and LCAs almost right away. You will also notice an even bigger decrease in acceleration/power going with 33s. I am running 31s and I notice a big difference as it is when I step on the gas. I have a few pics on this site http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~footdale. sorry no action ones up yet, but have not yet approached the capabilities of my rig, still learning how to wheel.

Check out this site. He has some good pics to show the capabilty of the truck with 31s
http://www.industryfigure.com/berkeley/Jeep/liftkit.htm

hope this helps

I wheel with a 3" and 31 x 10.5 interco swamper ssr's. They run big for a 31" and I swiftly removed alot of stuff upfront when they stuffed for the first time with the swaybar disconnected. I also have rockkrawler adjustable control arms that add greatly to the flex. I think 3" is good for a start till you learn your jeep and are ready to open the high dollar can of worms it can become(a good can of worms). Sorry no pics yet. i am always driving it and my Toyota buddies dont see the need for pics of a Jeep. their loss...They have I.F.S. too.!?!?!?

Dan

I have a 3" RE with 31x10.50's on aftermarket aluminum rims. 31's are very proportional I feel and a lot of the correct look has to do with the proper backspacing. Mine stick out slightly (half a lug to a lug) past the fender flares and looks great. You can get by pretty cheap with a 3 to 3.5 lift and 31's but as the earlier post stated if you want to run bigger you either have to hack your fenders apart (which I prefer the stock look) or run a higher lift (I prefer to added money go towards gas and beer!) Sorry, I have no pics.

This is funny you guys think you actually wheel with 31" tires haha.
oh wait I have 31s oh no I just bought some 33" SSR's.
Anyway I have about 5" of lift and soon to be 33s I liked my 31s cause I had to learn to driving skills now with 33s it not as stategic as it used to be. Anyway I cant post pics from home I can when I get to work.

To see lots of pictures with 31s go to "highmobilityinc.com" and click on the jeep page. :lecture:

I'm not sure if you're looking at a suspension to clear these tires or if you already have it, but in the case that its stock ready to be lifted, here's my two cents.

The problem with 3 inch lifts is that the lift isn't very complex, and often keeps the same upper control arms as stock. Also, a lot of 3 inch lifts have disconnects as an option. So, buying a bigger, heavier-duty lift has its advantages because it not only wheels better, but I'm sure in the end you'll be going that big anyway.

Also, I know the jeepsunlimited cherokee thread has a column on whether or not to lift past 3". They make it sound like above 3 inches is a bad idea, but, if you want to wheel with the best of em' and a 3 inch lift is what you want, you better have the best skid plates on Earth.

If you just have a 3 inch lift and are looking to trim the fenders, then you still won't be getting all the flex a 5 inch kit designed for 33s would offer.

I recommend going big or going home. No, that's stupid, but getting it done right the first time around is the best advice I could give anyone.

Check out this dweeb on 31's.
RR3
dscn0158.jpg

DSCN1031.JPG

Last edited:
Back