• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" lift affected dash lights??

KimberleyCrusader said:
The park & hand brake dash lights are permanently on??

This happen to anyone else?

Anybody got some instruction on where to start?

Thanks!
Loosen up the e-brake cable. It's pulled tight from the lift.

E brake cable needs to be readjusted.........

I just loosened the cable but the lights are still on.

Pulled the console out and disconnected the switch to the ebrake, both lights still on

I just read low fluid or an imbalance can cause this too but would this affect the brake & park light or just the brake light?

i have yet to bleed the brakes after the install so I assume that is the prob but I would like to clarify this affecting both lights while the car is apart.

Thanks

If your master cylinder is seeing a pressure differential you would get that light - try having some one help you bleed the the brakes or get some speedbleeders (they have a check valve built into the bleed screw) and bleed the system really well (did you happen to run the m/c dry at any point???)

What does the pedal feel like? good and firm; or kinda mushy?

As for the e-brake switch is just uses a spring contact to ground out when the lever is pulled up - if the contact was bent during removal the light would be permenantly on...

HTH

Matt

PS: check to see any of the wiring with the m/c did not get pinched or shorted and the pug is attatched to the poportioning valve...

Back