• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Carrier Break

mattb

NAXJA Forum User
I decided that I'm going to have a shop set up my R&P gears. I'm concerned because the folks at the shop where I normally have my drive line work done are telling me that to go from a 3.55 to 4.56 I do not need a new carrier. This seems contrary to what other shops are telling me. The literature seems to say the break is at 3.54 and down and 3.73 and up. Where does that leave 3.55?

Thanks,

Matt

3.54 down
3.73 and up.

D35 doesn't need the change if you have 3.55's though. Maybe they are confusing the two.

Lincoln said:
3.54 down
3.73 and up.

D35 doesn't need the change if you have 3.55's though. Maybe they are confusing the two.

That's what I thought but the guy at the counter was condfident that neither the 35 or the 30 needed a carrier change to go from 3.55 to 4.76. I tried to call him on it, but I wasn't entirely sure what I was talking about. He said that the 30 was 3.55 and up and the 35 was 3.73 and up.

Back