• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Piece together lift.... almost done, what next?

pfogle

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I've been slowly gathering pieces to lift my '96. Here's what I have so far:
5.5" RE coils
6" BO Leafs
RE Upper Adj. Control Arms.
Teraflx Lower Adj. Control Arms
RE Adj Track Bar
Extended front brake lines
Front Shocks.
5 BFG 33x12.50 BFG MTs on AE Outlaw II rims . 3.75BS

What are the bare minimum things I'll need to get my Jeep up in the air from this point? What are the nice to have things. I want to know Need vs. Nice to have.

I'll be ordering an RE hack and Tap, and looking in the Salvage yards for a driveshaft.

pfogle said:
OK, I've been slowly gathering pieces to lift my '96. Here's what I have so far:
5.5" RE coils
6" BO Leafs
RE Adj Track Bar
Front Shocks.

What are the bare minimum things I'll need to get my Jeep up in the air from this point? What are the nice to have things. I want to know Need vs. Nice to have.

I'll be ordering an RE hack and Tap, and looking in the Salvage yards for a driveshaft.
GEARS...

also...after you raise this puppy and get the sye done, you probably have wanted to add coil spacers to the front. BO leafs tend to lift the vehicle about 2" more than advertised. not that you'll NEED them, but then again...you didn't really NEED to put a lift on in the first place did you. good luck.

I also did the same thing you are doing. Gears??? I still have 3.55 and running 33" tires, would love to have lower gears but this works just fine. One thing though the hills will kill you, but 4low works just fine.

Joe

you want to buy my control arm drop brackets to so your rig will ride and flex better :D .

pfogle said:
5.5" RE coils
6" BO Leafs
RE Adj Track Bar
Front Shocks.

awr94903 said:
you want to buy my control arm drop brackets to so your rig will ride and flex better :D .

Yes, I do want to buy them... but my additional fundage fell through, and atm, I'm unemployed.. wife is paying all the bills :/ And she doesn't see the NEED in buying them atm :( :twak:

One thing I've noticed that no one has said I'd need is new shackles..

A buddy of mine has some Revolver shackles he'll let me have for free, until I can buy some others.. Should I put those on, or just wait until I can buy some.

What suggestions as to which shackle to run, and why?

Plus... take a closer look, anything else I'm missing?

Personally, I'd go with a lower amout of lift for 33s and cut the body up some. If you wish to go this high, then I'd look at building your stock axles a little and running 35s. The BOR leafs will probably give you more lift than you're barganing for so that's why I'd choose a smaller lift spring, say a 4.5" full pack and run an ORGS boomerang shackle; either that or pack a sh-t load of gear in the back to weigh it down some till they're broken in some. Also, a friend of mine ran TeraFlex lowers on his TJ for a few years and he hated them with a passion - the bushings wore out fast and clunked bad; maybe look into a set of JKSs or RE SuperFlex adjustables for an alternative. I'd pass on the running the Revolvers, however if he gives them to you, turn around and resell them and then put that cash on a sexy set of ORGS boomerangs.:D

need-extended rear brake line, extended bumpstops and a angle finder.

nice to have- long arm kit

pfogle said:
5.5" RE coils
6" BO Leafs
RE Adj Track Bar
Front Shocks.

Back