• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE vs. Trailmaster drop brackets

chad

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know for sure the differences between the two? I know RE's drop the control arms 3" and move them forward 1/2". What about Trailmasters? I can fab my own support brackets so that's not an issue. As always, thanks in advance.
Chad

chad said:
Does anyone know for sure the differences between the two? I know RE's drop the control arms 3" and move them forward 1/2". What about Trailmasters? I can fab my own support brackets so that's not an issue. As always, thanks in advance.
Chad
I've had my hands on both of them and from what I remember there is very little difference between the two. Like you mentioned the Trailmaster's don't come with a support bracket, but I believe the construction is nearly identical in design and thickness of materials.

i just put a set of trailmasters on mine and i used the RE support braces. they bolt up perfectly

Brad

I think some people have said the the trailmasters hang lower than the REs.

They are the same. RE's were designed aroud the TM's. Neither the RE nor the TM come with braces. RE sells the braces seperatly. Where are you at? I have a set of TM drop brackets (used) and RE support braces (new) if you're interested.

Back