• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are your plans for summer

FatXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Jeep plans for summer anybody else got some?

Mine are as follows:
custom tube winch bumper- starting this very soon
patch floor-waiting for good weather
fix rust- waiting for good weather
another 1" of lift- yep it's still snowing

I finally got the tube bender and welder and drill press so money is the only thing I need to get the materials for
custom T/C skid
Rollcage- at least around the front seats
rockrails
possibly welding the front diff with a manual axle disco
Winch? we'll see how business goes and what I break.

chopxjcage3.gif

:D

Swapping in an XJ 4:10 D30 and a 4:10 8.8 rear. Lockright the front. Might lift roughly 1" along with this. Also looking at a rear bumper tire carrier, SYE, control arms, trac bar, gas tank and t-case skid, weighing rocker options. My money situation is going to determine what past axles and lockers gets done. Hoping to get some of at a pull it yard, or used.

I was thinking some of those 24 inch blades with some chromed knock-offs. Maybe some of those swanky neon tubes and a huge rear wing. Oooo, and I saw some lighted fuzzy dice at Kragens the other day. :D :D

My summer plans include:

2" budget boost
Bushwhacker or TJ flares
Adj UCA's
Front bumper
Rock rails
LOTS OF BEER AND WOMEN!:cool:

Wait wait wait. You're telling me I can have beer AND women?

drink lots of beer, hang out at the community pool, oh and work on the samurai if i have money left over from beer and the pool.

cheers,

jj

I use beer and Jeep in the same category. I always have a cold brew when wrenching unless it's cold outside.

I guess I am lucky because I can get steel at really cheap prices. Our club just bought 400ft of 2"x1/4" angle for $140. So I am going to have to order about 100ft of 1.75" tube. The real money problem is paying rent and stuff for college. I still have the Jeep as a second priority. I wouldn't be doing the cage and rails if I didn't get such good prices on steel.

I hope to have my front axle together by this summer. Then hopefully we'll be getting ready for elk season. I'll be heading down to the gunsmith to talk to him about a 280 Improved built on a Mauser action. Other project ideas incude removing the side glass and getting soft windows that I can snap down into place when the monsoons roll in and getting my Hellas installed & wired up

In the next few weeks....
rear ARB/4.56s
Front HP and 4.56s
Install homebrew rockrails
Attach tire carrier to bumper
new front DS
weld rear quarter panels up
bumpstops
1" shackle for flex purposes

Before headin west for wheelin and backpacking in June....
285/75 16 MTRs
flat x-member/low profile t-case skid
raised exhaust
and maybe a few other things

Peace

Ary

Back